A quick, delicious and healthy sweet recipe that involves no articficial ingredients, no added oil, and no added sugar!
- 250g dates (1 packet)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bowl of mixed nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews), roughly ground/chopped
- Desiccated coconut
- Roughly chop the dates (removing any stones) and place in a large saucepan.
- Add the water and heat for about 15 minutes until the dates have softened and formed a paste-like consistency.
- Add the nuts and mix well
- Once mixed together, roll the mixture into cylindrical rolls, about 4cm in diameter.
- Coat the rolls in dessicated coconut, cover with greaseproof paper and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- When ready to eat, slice the rolls into 1cm thick pieces.
Thanks to Rehma Chandaria for the recipe