(serves 6-8 people)
Recipe from: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/vegan-chocolate-pots/
- 200g good quality vegan dark chocolate
- 700g silken tofu
- 160g maple syrup
- 1tbsp vanilla bean paste / vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch salt
- Optional: Flavourings of your choice e.g. orange essence, mint extract, lime zest, chilli flakes etc.
- Place a small pan over medium heat, half fill it with boiling water, then place a medium bowl on top – making sure the base doesn’t touch the surface of the water. Break the chocolate then allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Line a medium bowl with a clean tea towel or cheesecloth. Add the tofu, bunch up the cloth and squeeze out the excess moisture into the bowl.
- Add the tofu to a food processor with the maple syrup, vanilla extract, 1 good pinch of sea salt and any extra flavourings, then blitz for 1-2 mins until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and pulse until silky and combined.
- Divide the mixture into little bowls or espresso cups and refrigerate for 15 mins to chill.
- Serve with crumbled golden oreo cookies, lime zest, hazelnuts or any other toppings you’d like.