Recipe by Ranjanben Chandaria
Makes 20 Bhatura
- 450g self-raising flour
- 4 slices bread
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Half tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- A handful of methi leaves
- Sparkling water for binding the flour
- Oil for frying
- Dip the bread in some non fizzy water, squeeze out the excess water and mix it with all the other ingredients.
- Use enough soda water to make a soft dough.
- Leave aside for at least one hour.
- Roll out puri of approx 1cm thickness and deep fry on a low heat until light brown in colour.
Serve with a chick pea curry.