Provided by Nishma Shah
- 150 ml water
- 60 ml soya milk
- 1 tsp tea leaves
- 1/4 tsp tea masala or slightly more depending on the strength of the flavour of the tea masala.
- In a small flat bottom pan add tap water and let it simmer on medium heat.
- Add the tea leaves and tea masala and allow the tea to masala to infuse while the water is boiling.
- Once the infused tea leaves water comes to a boil add the soya milk and keep it in on the cooker for approximately 5 minutes. The colour should change from black to a golden brown. Add some more soya milk if you find the taste of tea too strong for your palate.
- Use a sieve to separate the tea leaves when pouring out the tea into the cup.
- Sit back, sip your tea and savour every moment.
Tip: You proportionally add more soya milk than you would have cow’s milk, to get a golden chai colour.