Provided by Rehma Chandaria
Makes approximately 20 penda
- 150 g ground cashews
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 175 ml plant-based milk (e.g. coconut milk or almond milk)
- 125 g sugar
- 1 flat tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch saffron
- Grated almonds and pistachios for decoration
- Put all ingredients (except almonds and pistachios for decoration) in a large microwave-proof bowl
- Heat in a microwave on full power (900W) for 3 minutes, then stir
- Heat for a further 2 minutes, then stir
- Heat for 2 more minutes, then stir
- Heat for 1 more minute, so that mixture is thickened.
- Use a mould to shape the penda. Top each one with grated almonds and pistachios.