Provided by Varshaben Gudka
- 680g self raising flour
- 680g dairy free margarine (eg Pure or Vitalite)
- 230g sugar
- 100ml plant-based milk (eg soya milk or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- desiccated coconut and jam
- Beat sugar and margarine in a bowl, adding custard powder gradually into the mix.
- Add flour to the mix, adding milk 2 tablespoons at a time, till you get a cookie-dough-like consistency
- Make little dough balls, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees ( 350 degrees F/ Gas mark 4) for between 7 – 10 minutes, until they start to brown at the top.
- Let the biscuits cool completely before adding the coconut and jam topping.
- For the topping, heat some strawberry jam, so that it is easier to spread, and use it to generously coat the whole cake.
- Dip the cake in the desiccated coconut