- 500gm pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 30gm puffed rice cereal
- 100gm dark chocolate
- A couple of drops of water
- Finely ground dessicated coconut; or
- Grated dark choclate; or
- Crushed nuts
- Lollipop Sticks
- Stand for lollipop sticks (toast rack, glasses, or polystyrene block will do)
- In a non stick pan, warm the dates on a low heat. Add a couple of drops of water of the dates begin to stick.
- Continue to stir until the dates become sticky and is a consistency of melted chocolate.
- Take the pan off the heat and transfer the dates to a tray.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add the puffed rice cereal and knead likea dough. Be gentle in order to avoid crushing the puffed rice cereal.
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces, and melt by placing in a heat resistant glass bowl over a pan filled with hot water.
- Roll the date mixture into a golf ball shape using the palm of your hands.
- Gently push the lollipop stick through the date ball.
- Dip the ball in the melted dark chocolate and decorate it with desiccated coconut, grated chocolate or crushed nuts.
- Rest the chocci pops on the polystyrene block while you continue to work on others.
*Note: Photo taken from http://foodandyogaforlife.blogspot.co.uk/