Recipe from Demuths: http://demuths.co.uk/rachels-blog/article/vegan-chocolate-fudge-cake
- 300gms self raising flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50gms cocoa
- 250gms caster sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 9 tbsp sunflower oil
- 175ml orange juice
- 175ml water
- 250gms icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 50gms vegan sunflower margarine
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the caster sugar, vanilla essence, sunflower oil, orange juice and water.
- Whisk to a batter like consistency.
- Pour into a greased 20cm tin.
- Bake at 190℃ in the middle of the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer when inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Sift the icing sugar and the cocoa into a bowl.
- Melt the margarine with the boiling water.
- Add the margarine mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Spread the warm topping over the cake and leave to harden.